Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Technology Bites!

Not really, but I'm feeling the pain of learning a new skill. The first official Blackboard post was due this last Friday and the majority of my students had no problem completing the assignment. There are a few who waited until the last minute and never got their post on the forum. Now I need to figure out how to personally tutor each of these students so they can get their assignment where it needs to be online with only two available computers and only one overly stressed teacher! It's a lesson in time management and some of my kiddos just don't get that yet.

"But Mrs. Jaeger, I couldn't remember my password so it's not my fault that I didn't get it done."

"My computer crashed." Guess what you and fifteen other kids had crashed computers last night, sounds like a technical bug is going around.

"I did it and then the computer deleted it all." Damn those evil computers that have their own minds. Odds are you pushed a button, deleted your work, and figured you'd get full credit for trying.

The clock's ticking for these late posters, hopefully they can get their stuff together before the next required post!

No comments: