Sunday, February 15, 2009

TAP update

We've begun the restaurant recruitment process. I trained students last week after school and Thursday and Friday I took my first two groups out to ask restaurants to partner with us on the Tap Project. While no one has signed up yet, we have several leads. It's incredibly difficult to actually get someone in charge, even though we're going during restaurants' off time. We have left materials with the following restaurants and will make follow up calls this week as well as hit up restaurants in the District, Columbia's downtown.



- Macaroni Grill

- Shakespeare's West

- Jazz a Louisiana Kitchen

- D'Rowes

- Murry's

- El Maguey

- Flatbranch



G & D's Steakhouse did write us a check for $100 and agreed to put out a donation collection canister since their restaurant does not do table service.



I am proud of the students who are going out and doing the recruiting. All in all, there's about 20 different students who will make a trip with me one afternoon this month. They prepared a restaurant pitch and will come dressed and ready to make a "sale."



I did not realize that it would be SO hard to actually get a manager when we stopped by restaurants.



I'll keep you posted on our status. If we can get three restaurants to join the cause, I think that would be a huge victory!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boo Boo

Remember ABC "Alway be closing" the sale. Sales is 90% rejection and 10% acceptance. Keep pitching and you will be successful. I know you will. I'm proud of you and your students.

Dad