Saturday, February 16, 2008

The woes of a sixth grade reading teacher...

Well, I hate to be fickle, but Blackboard, you're really sucking the life out of me right now!  I know my last post I sang your praises but right now, a day after the second big post was due, I am really feeling some hostility toward you.  I have received e-mails from parents and students alike saying they can't get the site to work- more likely they are not going about navigating it properly and students who come to me in tears because their work didn't save since they didn't follow all the right steps.  I really thought that by now kids would know how to copy and paste a document, how to designate a specific folder to save their work in, how to log on to the internet.  What's all this research stating that today's kindergartners could teach the adults of the world a thing or two about technology?  My kids are tech dense.  Some of them have figured it out, others want to be coddled every step of the way.  Be independent, figure it out, learn your own way!  For now I stand over their should listing the next step in a monotone voice as they passively go through the motions.  I will need to revisit this in class on Monday.  

No comments: