Thursday, November 20, 2008

All in a Day's Work


As a reward for selling lots of magazines, we had a special performance at a school wide assembly. The Acrodunkers came all the way to Smithton to show off their impressive dunking skills as well as some hilarious dance moves. With the help of a small trampoline under the basket these three guys did some awesome stunts while dunking the ball. It was one of those moments where I wished someone could see how funny this job can be. The gym was steamy from all the bodies and there was music blaring and these players were dancing around the gym giving the kids intense looks.

The hilarious part was they forced several teachers to come out and compete in a dance off. In an effort to be overlooked, I pretended to be in conversation with another teacher, avoiding eye contact with the acrodunkers, hoping to fly under the radar. Sure enough though, my students were loud and persistent, "Mrs. Jaeger, put her in!" So I was one of four other teachers who were forced to humiliate ourselves for the sake of QSP orders. I will say that I won the dance off. My only regret: I did not bust out "hips on a string."

No comments: