Saturday, November 15, 2008

Check out my school website!

I am participating in EnTICE, this technology professional development program within my district. I've got a website that I've been working on.

Check out my class website with student work included:
service.columbia.k12.mo.us/sjaeger

On another note, November must be a hard month for educators. The tensions are high at school and people, myself included, seem stressed. The kids are ready for a break, I'm ready for a break. There are days were I dream about what it would be like to show up for work and just roll with the punches, deal with whatever comes across my desk as opposed to my role now as the director of my classroom. I prescribe almost every minute of my day. I never get to come to school and say, "you know, I've got nothing planned, lets just take it easy today."

I guess jobs like that might lack the creativity and mental engagement that my job demands. I would miss that, and I'd also miss the moments in your day where you just laugh because you're doing something absurd, or a kid is saying something ridiculous. Those moments are pretty priceless.

No comments: