Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Insect vs. Human Part I

Yesterday I watched a little beetle casually crawl in and out of this small space between our bathroom baseboard and tile. This is also the entry for the mass exodus of ants that I wrote about earlier this year. This little space is the gateway into our apartment and I was sick and tired of seeing their free and easy passage.

To plug up the hole temporarily, I pushed toilet paper down into the crack so there was nowhere for the bugs to crawl out. I thought this was a pretty resourceful idea and vowed to later buy some caulk to fill in the hole for good.

So imagine my surprise this morning when I come in for my shower and there is a small beetle sized hold in the middle of my toilet paper levy. Damn those hard exoskeletons! Well, I quickly plugged the hole back up with fresh toilet paper and issued a verbal warning to all insects in the vicinity. I told them, "This is my house. I will make it my mission to single-handedly hunt you down and exterminate you." Insects you may have won the battle, but you sure as hell, have not won the war!

No comments: