Monday, March 30, 2009

Broken Window, Broken Dreams

Well, not quite that dramatic. Over break someone broke the window out on my trailer. This morning my blinds were rattling and I opened them to find the bottom window pane shattered. Officer Jay seems to believe it was a homeless man trying to get out of the snow Saturday night. Too bad my bookshelf blocked his way in.

Of course, the work order was completed at the end of the day in the middle of our discussion about writing a catchy lead. The only thing catching my students' attention was the sound of broken glass being swept up. As you can imagine, this window was quite a distraction today. In middle school, it doesn't take much to distract a roomful of students. Dog walkers, brightly colored birds, and a stuffy trailer are the usual culprits.

No comments: