Sunday, March 29, 2009

Grammar, not my game

I was looking at past entries and found several grammatical errors. Stupid things that could easily be fixed by a close read. I know I teach English but please do not make the mistake of holding me to a higher standard. I simply do not see errors as glaringly in my own work. After the third error, I stopped reading. Typos after the fact make me feel sick inside. Sorry readers. I do proof what I post but sometimes I'm too close to notice the blemishes.

It's the same reason I need loving people in my life to act as mirrors to help me see what I'm too close, or personally involved in, to truly see rightly.

1 comment:

Middle Name Marie said...

I teach English and I rarely proof my blog posts...ha ha ha...you're human! That's what your students and your friends love about you!