Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Itchin' to blog some random thoughts

I have been caught up in whirlwind lately. I feel like every afternoon has been filled with activity after activity with little time for reflection or breath. Tomorrow is the Tap walk and I can feel the excitement building. The t-shirts came in yesterday and look wonderful. I can't wait to see a sea of periwinkle walking down the Smithton halls tomorrow. So far we've raised just shy of $400. I have one last day of penny wars in class and hope to reach $500. I'll post pictures of tomorrow's event and give you a full run down after I've recovered myself.

I played in the faculty- student basketball game today after school. Played might not be the right way to put it. I ran up and down the court and avoided the ball. It was a fun time, I got a new Mountain Dew tee, and my students love any opportunity where I can embarrass myself so overall, it was a win.

My husband is currently persuading me to commit to the P90X workout challenge. It's an intense, 6 days a week, work out regimen. When it comes to working out, I enjoy a nice thirty-minutes on the elliptical, hunched over a book, melting calories. This would definitely be a step above my current fitness level. Right now, I am leaning toward the challenge. We'll see how I feel when it comes time to put the sports bra on and "frog crunch" my way to perfect abs. I have a slight aversion to discomfort...

1 comment:

Middle Name Marie said...

those people on p90x are ripped---tell me if it works!