Monday, April 6, 2009

Lazy Bloggers, Knock it Off

Well, I found a whole slew of professional websites about teaching reading and writing. It was quite exciting. One weekly podcast site, called Grammar Girl, seemed particularly helpful. I thought my students might enjoy these podcasts while learning grammar skills!

One thing I noticed while flipping through tons of blog sites, is that bloggers feel this social pressure to post often. When we've neglected our readers, we ALWAYS apologize with a post entitled something like "the lament of the lazy blogger," or "been out for a while." If you're M.I.A for a bit, I assume you have a life outside your blog, no need to post a meaningless entry explaining, apologizing, or justifying your absence for the blog world. While I value a consistent writer, I also realize that there have been long stretches where I've had nothing to say, not that I have much to say now, I just write more often!

So have no fear, this blog writer understands if you are too busy living your life to take time to post about it. No hard feelings here.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hey! Don't you use google reader? Can you share some of the professional blogs you've found with me? I have several good technology blogs I will share with you...I think we need to hook up via google chat in order to be able to invite readers...I'm on it!

Middle Name Marie said...

ooo...hook me up too! Are you teaching writing now?

Unknown said...

HAHA I just made a video about 2 weeks ago apologizing for being gone.