Friday, June 26, 2009

Good Bye King of Pop, Good Bye Jump Drive


As would be imagined, the death of the King of Pop was a BIG deal today at summer school. We watched Jackson music videos as a reward at the end of core classes and in the sheer excitement of the music and memory of Michael, my jump drive got kicked. Picture it, 20 kids gathered around the computer, arguing about what video would be next. Jump drive hanging dangerously off the computer, a leg moving to the rhythm of "Just Beat It." You know the rest. The drive is not working, even after I snapped it back together. This was bound to happen, but I wish it could have happened on another day when I was not already mourning the loss of a music legend.


So now, I begin the process of recreating two years worth of work that is on that jump drive. Sadness all around.

2 comments:

Middle Name Marie said...

Losing a jump drive would suck! I told Teddy about your dilemma and he said to e-mail pictures of the drive from a couple different angles. He said that you can sometimes sauder(sp?) those things back together enough to get the info off (you would prob still need to get a new one, but at least you would have your stuff.)

Geri said...

I have no idea what you're talking about. Call the nerds.