Tuesday, September 1, 2009

a day in the life

5:15 hit the snooze button
5:17 get up because I can't hold it anymore
5:25 get up for real on second alarm
5:30 shower
5:35 kill cricket, curse crickets living in my utility closet
6:15 enjoy a cup of coffee, read for a few minutes, sporadically adding to my day's to do list
6:50 leave the house, balance coffee in one hand, trash bag in another and massive bag of school books on shoulder
7:03 arrive at classroom, turn on music, let it wash over me while I prepare for the day
7:15 realize I forgot copies for the lesson that day
7:17 make copies and rush back to prepare
8:00 teach, teach, teach
9:30 walk students to encore, intend to work but really check google reader
10:15 meet with teaching team, spend more time than necessary discussing things we cannot change, establish that we need to add a bathroom break after 4th hour
11:00 teach, teach, teach
11:55 eat tasty, preservative packed lunch
12:25 teach, teach, teach
3:15 meeting after school, talk to some of my favorite people at school, add about 5 new things to my to do list
5:15 change into workout clothes
5:30 secretly curse the one elliptical machine that is ALWAYS taken when I get to the work out facility, jump on treadmill instead
6:00 debate over leftovers to reheat
6:15 eat, while checking gmail
7:00 work, work, work
8:45 watch a Dexter, fall asleep on the couch
9:45 read until my eyes close

Whew!

1 comment:

Bonnie Meyer said...

I love this post! I feel like we lead such similar lives right now. I may copy you and make a post like it on my blog. my favorite was 5:17. love you buddy.