Thursday, September 3, 2009

ramblings

Wrote a post earlier but had to delete it because I sounded like a whiny old hag.

This is take two, minus the whiny old hag.

Just met with my writing group. I love them. I love that time together. They are fellow teachers of mine and they really push me to pursue what I love, writing. I shared a pretty sappy piece of writing tonight and they were really kind about it. I don't normally do sappy. I'm the girl who writes the sarcastic, dry pieces. Needless to say, I felt more exposed with the poem I shared than usual.

Makes me wonder why it's easy for me to be funny but really hard for me to get serious-at least when it comes to my writing. I think I need to go there more rather than hiding behind my cynical sense of humor.

Don't worry, I'll maintain business as usual for my blog readers but I do think I need to explore a new dimension of my writing.

In less important news: I am all caught up on Real Housewives of Atlanta. I fell behind but then got my priorities straighten out and I'm back on track. Rest easy.

1 comment:

Bld424 said...

you've got a writing group? jealous! how neat.