Thursday, July 30, 2009

Weekend of Gluttony

There are somethings I can always count on when visiting Kansas City; that I will be able to lounge in my parents basement and get caught up on the latest Criminal Minds, Desperate Housewives, (enter your favorite prime time show that you're normally to busy to enjoy here), that I will eat well every single meal, and that I will have BBQ at least once for one of those delicious meals. This visit was no different. Chris and I came home Wednesday night and enjoyed some Smokehouse BBQ (BBQ of the Northland) with his mom and dad. Then today we had BBQ again at Oklahoma Joe's which has been named the best BBQ in all the land by all who've dined there. We went with Krista and Teddy and I've got to hand it to Joe, his BBQ is better than any I've ever had. Which says a lot given I make it my business to have BBQ every time I return to KC. Then this evening my parents took us to Margaritas which is my favorite place to enter a food coma. So far, no meal has let me down. I'm feeling the discomfort of gluttony but I can't stop myself with all this delicious food. When we return to Columbia I will go back to eating nice balanced meals, but until then, let the eating continue.







No comments: