Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What Gives?

image from http://www.organizingla.com/

Went to Michael's Craft Store today (it's becoming a more regular thing in my life since Chris is away) and I was baffled by a few crafters' behaviors...


First, when pulling into my parking spot, a woman unbuckles her seat belt and opens her door halfway to wave me on to another space. I think that this is weird but being a people pleaser, I do what she says and move, only to see that she wanted me to move so she could pull her car all the way through both spaces (aka thread the needle). Really, could you not have backed out of that space?


I shrugged it off and figured there was probably a good reason for her behavior. Then when in line, waiting to pay, a woman and her little girl were ogling the dollar bins by the register which are still a safe distance from the check out counter. They seemed to still be shopping so I stepped past them crouched over the bin, rifling for goodies. The woman loudly says, "I guess we'll let her go ahead of us." As I walk past. I am not a line cutter, I always take care not to butt. I was irritated that she made a big deal of it and passive aggressively announced to all in line that I had passed her up.


What gives? Usually this is the happiest place on Earth next to Disney World, today it was filled with passive aggressive, uptight shoppers. Can't we all just get our craft supplies together under one roof?


Also, what gives with Michaels $0.69 per piece of card stock. Really? That's more than a soda from the vending machine!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I always run into hateful crafters at my Jo-Anns. I try to avoid going there on Saturdays!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! Crazies!

Unknown said...

29 cents for cardstock at Hobby Lobby. Matt and I are attempting to make our own programs, neither one of us being particularly crafty so we'll see how that goes!

John Trosko said...

Hi Sara,

Thank you very much for crediting my blog when you used the image above. We all appreciate attribution, and more so, I also borrowed the picture as well. So we're all one big happy family. However, not at Michaels today! What's up with that?

John aka OrganizingLA

Geri said...

Michaels--my least favorite store. My hands start sweating just walking into that mess. I can handle Hobby Lobby much better. Really, I think it might be the heat in this instance. It is hot and humid and people are cranky, especially if they have kids with them.